Hi,

Buildroot <https://buildroot.org/>, to those who are not familiar with, is
a minimalist approach to building embedded Linux.
With this approach one does software development using desktop cross
compilation tools rather than rely on Gcc and friends running on the much
slower BBB.
Modifying Linux drivers, creating one own's device tree is easy this way.

I had good Buildroot luck with the BBB using simple capes (for serial
communication).
However, a complex cape such as the "
<https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/svtronics-inc/BBEXPDTC70/1055-1007-ND/4823859>LCD

7.0" CAP-TOUCH BEAGLE BONE"
<https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/svtronics-inc/BBEXPDTC70/1055-1007-ND/4823859>

is not an easy task "to buildroot" for the formidable number of components
(drivers, packages, ...) that need to be correctly selected.
I would like to create Buildroot/Linux defconfig-s where hardware support
is on par with Robert Nelson's fine Debian image:
BBB-blank-debian-9.5-lxqt-armhf-2018-08-20-4gb.img.xz
<https://rcn-ee.net/rootfs/bb.org/testing/2018-08-20/stretch-lxqt/BBB-blank-debian-9.5-lxqt-armhf-2018-08-20-4gb.img.xz>

with /boot/uEnv.txt having dtb=am335x-boneblack-bbb-exp-c.dtb ...

Has anyone taken this BBB buildroot approach with a similar complexity LCD
cape?

Thanks, Enoch.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/a7bb5540-08c0-48a4-b957-90a69fe32e46%40googlegroups.com.