Hello,
I am interested in using the BBB to monitor a sensor (geophone) at about
200-400sps.  I am currently using the Adafruit_BBIO.ADC library to do this
in Python.  Ultimately, there are two goals for this project, and I would
love some input on how to approach this.

1) Time stamp when the input voltage reaches 0.5v -  The geohone is
generating a sine wave, the stronger the vibration/movement of the
geophone, the higher the amplitude/voltage of the signal is produced.  I
would hope to accurately place a timestamp at the exact moment the voltage
crossed that threshold.  As far as timing goes, I am using onboard GPS with
1 PPS output and Chrony for sync.

2) I also have a contact closure that I would like to monitor.  Right now,
I am pushing 1v through the closure, and monitoring the ADC for a voltage
change from 0v to 1v, then applying a timestamp.  Any thoughts here?

I have read about the PRU on the BBB and am wondering if that is what I
need to be using to obtain sub millisecond accuracy on my timestamp.  Any
thoughts here?

Thanks!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/e80104ea-08b1-4f02-8ef5-4b7050183961%40googlegroups.com.