Robert,

We've got a BBB where we're
running, bone-debian-9.3-console-armhf-2018-03-05-1gb.img.  It has kernel
4.9.82-ti-r102.

We need to stick with kernel version 4.9 as our WiFi driver (SI Labs WF111)
currently only compiles for kernels up to 4.9.  Compile breaks for kernel
4.14.69.

To apply the DoS patch to 4.9.82-ti-r102, is there an easier way than to
apply a kernel patch, then to have to re-build the kernel from the patched
kernel source??  For instance, is there a package which will apply the
patch? We're trying to stick as close as possible to stock images, if at
all possible, so that people less familiar with Linux can re-generate an
image.

Also, if we need to re-build the kernel, the above links reference 2
patches with minor differences.  Is there a specific version of the patch
we need for kernel 4.9, or can we just apply the latest patch for 4.17.11?

Thanks in advance!!

Jeff

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/2fde3d95-fc0c-424b-94ad-f476da1ecd26%40googlegroups.com.