There is no support in the Wl18xx Wi-Fi device on the BBBW, neither in
the Linux driver nor the actual device firmware.
If you want ad-hoc you would need to use a USB dongle with a Wi-Fi
that does support ad-hoc, but then you might as well use a BBB for
that.

There is low level support for TI's 802.11s mesh implementation but as
far as I know it does not work out of the box on a Debian package. See
this thread from a couple of months ago for details
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/beagleboard/mesh%7Csort:date/beagleboard/XS7cwEto_B4/otnvmgsFBQAJ

Iain

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALC81-seU%2B_kKBZn3TVCfcFzijk2JQiKhniNFnkXwwPoxJgE2A%40mail.gmail.com.