How can I free-up the addresses 0x54-57 on I2C bus 2 on my Beaglebone Black
?  I can only access the lower half addr 0x50-53; the upper ones 0x54-57
show 'UU' when using i2cdetect.  I need them for addressing the entire
contents of a 24C16 I2C EEPROM.  Or if not possible then how else can I
control I2C at the range 0x50-57 ?  Another bus ?  bud 12 doesn't seem to
work.  Perhaps a bit-banged bus ?  Bought board last year and have recent
Debian distro on it.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/ca6891e9-88b2-41fb-b0af-2bf8d7878fa3%40googlegroups.com.