Hello,

I'm running "*Linux beaglebone 3.8.13-bone80 #1 SMP Wed Jun 15 17:03:55 UTC
2016 armv7l GNU/Linux*" on a Rev C BBB.
Yes, this is an old version, but have to remain on this due to the
application, and have the latest eMMC(5.1) support(*Thank you Robert!*).

I have everything working as usual, but have an unusual need to disable
wicd (*sudo update-rc.d wicd disable*).
The application samples a GPIO and it works reliably only if wicd is
disabled. In fact I see wicd come up on top(*top -d 1*) while the
application is running.
Unfortunately, I also have a need for USB networking. USB0 and the RNDIS
driver get mounted on windows alright, but ssh'ing into the BBB with wicd
disabled does not work.

I also have the following services disabled.

   sudo update-rc.d apache2 disable
>    sudo update-rc.d wicd disable
>    sudo systemctl disable cloud9.service
>    sudo update-rc.d saned disable
>    sudo update-rc.d lightdm disable
>    sudo systemctl stop graphical.target
>
>    sudo update-rc.d  alsa-utils disable
>    sudo update-rc.d  avahi-daemon  disable
>    sudo systemctl disable  bonescript-autorun.service
>    sudo update-rc.d  cpufrequtils  disable
>    sudo update-rc.d  hdparm  disable
>    sudo update-rc.d  loadcpufreq  disable
>    sudo systemctl disable  wpa_supplicant.service
>    sudo systemctl disable  bonescript.socket
>    sudo systemctl disable cloud9.socket
>    sudo systemctl disable graphical.target

Question: Can I get USB networking back with wicd disabled?
Thank you.

-Gerry

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/03f59d87-c322-4319-bc71-892149509ede%40googlegroups.com.