Hi John,
There are two options I use depending upon my goals
- use the TI SDK (
http://software-dl.ti.com/processor-sdk-linux/esd/AM335X/latest/index_FDS.html).

It is simplest to build (install SDK and do "make"). The BBBW might not be
officially supported but the device tree file is there. The SDK uses a
prebuilt arago filesystem although you can build from scratch with yocto.
- script up Robert Nelson's instructions (
https://www.digikey.com/eewiki/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBone+Black) to
build mainline and use a debian filesystem.

Iain

i...@hunterembedded.co.uk

Whenever I have to build a new kernel for the BBB

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/3098b252-48bb-4ce3-8610-e37508312c8d%40googlegroups.com.