Hi,

I would like to make a program that uses the fbdev to work and I need to
compile the kernel to add this functionality and remove the DRM support.
I managed to compile a bootable kernel but I'm failing to get the fbdev
working. I would like to know what is the easiest way to get the fbdev
working.

The things that I modified to the kernel config are:

- enable:
CONFIG_FB_DA8XX=y
- disable:
CONFIG_DRM
CONFIG_DRM_I2C_NXP_TDA998X
CONFIG_DRM_TILCDC

What is missing to get video out with fbdev?

My board is a Beagleboard black wireless, and I couldn't see any error on
the dmesg or anything related to the video after booting without video. I'm
compiling the kernel 4.14.108. I have an HDMI cable attached, but I'm also
trying to get video out with an LCD cape (from farnell element14)

Thank you in advance for the help :)

Best regards

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/699739b8-579d-410b-ac44-105bd364c010%40googlegroups.com.