I have 10 BBB from 4 years ago and 10 from 2 years ago.  When I have a USB
device plugged in, the BBB will not boot android from SD card every time.
This does not happen with the older BBB and is random on the new BBB.  I do
receive babble interrupt error.  I also measured the voltage out of the USB
port on the BBB and it is 5 volts when it boots and about 3 mV when it
doesn't boot.  I have tried power supply with 5V and 3 amps but this does
not resolve the issue.  I have tried different distros of Linux and this
does not help.  When the BBB does not boot, it resumes when the USB is
unplugged.  I am desperate and looking for help.  If there are any
contractors who can assist that anyone knows I would appreciate their info.