At Fri, 20 Sep 2019 10:19:53 -0700 (PDT) beagleboard@googlegroups.com wrote:

> I used a Raspberry Pi zero with usb-to-ethernet adapter and usb-to-ssd
> converter, found transfer rates to be slow.
> Being RPi zero uses the same usb bus, this most likely is the cause of
> being slow.

Yes. A Pi3 has a much faster network, both wired and wireless. I use an older
Pi2 as a "build box", both for "native" Pi and BBB/PB applications as well as
cross-building for embeded MCUs (avr, arm M0, ESP32) and it is reasonable. Not
lighting fast, but quite fast enough. I also run KiCAD (with my laptop as a
remote screen using X11 tunneled through ssh) on it to design PCBs.  It has
acceptable performance.

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933
hel...@deepsoft.com       -- Webhosting Services