I have SPi0 and SPI enabled in device tree. I looped back shorting MISO and
MOSI and Can receive the send messages provided its all 8 bit word length

The issue is I am trying to talk to St7735S display driver over SPI ,it
needs 9 bit command and data transfer.

So I am trying to send tx1[6]={0x01AA,0x0177,0x0188,0x0100,0x01FF,0x0166};
, defined as short int (2 bytes) . but when I receive response its

01AA 5577 and so on. its not correct and nothing happens on display? Any
help