This is on BBB Linux beaglebone 4.14.108-ti-r108

On this new kernel I can see that cape_universal is being used in
/boot/uEnv.txt so all, or quite of pwm's
are on in /sys/class/pwm/pwmchip#

Some of the pwms like GPIO 71 P8-46 used to be on  pwmchip6/pwm1
but now exporting 1 > gpiochip6 says no device.

Based on this utility https://redypis.org/addons/bb_pins.php which uses the
bash array from config_pin I can see
that p8_46 is on 0x3:ehrpwm2B which is EHRPWM2 (ePWM2) which is pwmchip6
channel B
so export 1 (B) should work but now does not .

Furthermore more going to chips 6 folder and exporting 0 or un-exporting
makes the gpio-6.0 going on and off which is fine, but
any attempt to write onto it fails

marius@beaglebone:/sys/class/pwm/pwmchip6/pwm-6:0$ echo 100000 ./duty_cycle
100000 ./duty_cycle
marius@beaglebone:/sys/class/pwm/pwmchip6/pwm-6:0$ echo 100000 > ./duty_cycle

-bash: echo: write error: Invalid argument
marius@beaglebone:/sys/class/pwm/pwmchip6/pwm-6:0$ echo 100000 > enable
-bash: echo: write error: Invalid argument
marius@beaglebone:/sys/class/pwm/pwmchip6/pwm-6:0$ echo 1 > enable
-bash: echo: write error: Invalid argument
marius@beaglebone:/sys/class/pwm/pwmchip6/pwm-6:0$ config-pin P8.46 pwm
marius@beaglebone:/sys/class/pwm/pwmchip6/pwm-6:0$ echo 0 > enable
-bash: echo: write error: Invalid argument
marius@beaglebone:/sys/class/pwm/pwmchip6/pwm-6:0$ echo 0 > ./enable
-bash: echo: write error: Invalid argument
marius@beaglebone:/sys/class/pwm/pwmchip6/pwm-6:0$ echo 10000 > enable
-bash: echo: write error: Invalid argument
marius@beaglebone:/sys/class/pwm/pwmchip6/pwm-6:0$ echo 10000 ./duty_cycle
10000 ./duty_cycle
marius@beaglebone:/sys/class/pwm/pwmchip6/pwm-6:0$ echo 10000 > ./duty_cycle

marius@beaglebone:/sys/class/pwm/pwmchip6/pwm-6:0$ sudo echo 1 > enable
[sudo] password for marius:
echo: write error: Invalid argument
marius@beaglebone:/sys/class/pwm/pwmchip6/pwm-6:0$ sudo echo on > enable
echo: write error: Invalid argument
marius@beaglebone:/sys/class/pwm/pwmchip6/pwm-6:0$ sudo echo default >
enable
echo: write error: Invalid argument
marius@beaglebone:/sys/class/pwm/pwmchip6/pwm-6:0$ sudo echo okay > enable
echo: write error: Invalid argument
marius@beaglebone:/sys/class/pwm/pwmchip6/pwm-6:0$ sudo echo true > enable
echo: write error: Invalid argument
marius@beaglebone:/sys/class/pwm/pwmchip6/pwm-6:0$ uname -a

Is there any updated information or I have to look into  the dts file and
figure it out ?
Is there any way to find the mapping from the sys filesystem between the
KERNEL GPIO# --   PX.Y (rail name)     and    /sys/class/pwm/pwm-X.Y

Thank you.