Hi Stuart,

I tried to use the PocketBeagle with the battery and also found the extra
current draw.  Ultimately I communicated with Octavo and got the following
reply.  The OSD3358-SM SiP used on the pocketbeagle internally connects the
LDO1 regulator to both the RTC clock input (VDDS_RTC) as well as the VDDS
input.  The extra current is taken by the connection to the VDDS power
input.  The answer from Octavo is copied below.

https://octavosystems.com/forums/topic/unexpected-current-consumption-with-pmic-sleep-mode-for-battery-charging/#post-6895

"The additional current consumption comes from the fact that the OSD335x
and OSD335x-SM use TPS65217C PMIC.  If you look in the application note
from TI (http://www.ti.com/lit/ug/slvu551i/slvu551i.pdf), you can see that
in the case of the TPS65217C, both VDDS and VDDS_RTC are connected to the
LDO1 output of the PMIC.  The additional current consumption that you see
is a result of the VDDS power input being connected to the LDO1.

Unfortunately, the connection between VDDS and LDO1 is internal within the
SiP and cannot be modified on the OSD335x and OSD335x-SM.  However, we are
in the process of characterizing the OSD335x C-SiP to see if it can support
the power use case where VDDS is not connected to LDO1.  We should have
that characterization finalized in early January.

Additionally, the TL5209 is enabled with an internal pull up within the
OSD335x family of devices.  In the OSD335x and OSD335x-SM, this connection
cannot be modified.  However, in the OSD335x C-SiP, there is a pin,
SYS_VDD1_CTL, that will allow a user to disable the TL5209."