Will Beaglebone ever replace Raspberry Pi for learning about computers ?

In 2014 I joined a makerspace in Sommerville, Ma USA Artisans Asylum near
MIT so there were makers from local tech colleges as mentors.
The in house backgrounds were friendly and knowledgeable.
They readily share their knowledge.
I began in 2014 to want a home CNC based on EMC
<http://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.4/html/common_Getting_EMC.html> (later LinuxCNC
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LinuxCNC>, Machinekit
<https://www.machinekit.io/about/>) like the Black Foot CNC
<https://buildyourcnc.com/blackFoot48v40.aspx>

Costs were an obstacle but I could join the makerspace as a volunteer and
use the tools available.
On Wednesday night there was and still is a public welcome Circuit Hacking
electronics night <https://artisansasylum.com/calendar/>among other classes
<https://artisansasylum.com/classes/>.
I learned about Arduino for my first device in three decades since being
into PDP-11 computers at Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC).
That was the X11 in the 1980's
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_Window_System>

I asked where I could replace the large PC with smaller for a smaller CNC
and was directed to Beaglebone Black <http://beagleboard.org/black> as a
better choice than
Raspberry Pi on Arduino.

I bought a Black and plugged it in and have never regretted the decision.
Later in 2016 I attended some Meet Up meetings to learn about 3D printers
 and found out about Beaglebone Green <https://beagleboard.org/green> used
in the Phidias LLC Athena
<https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B_BNe4kEHPwFd0pBeFU4YXBlZjA>
(<-Notes
here).

Now in 2019 I want to find a group and take notes on how to make a video
game.
I plan to use the new Pocket BeagleBone capes with GamePup
<https://beagleboard.org/capes> as a game controller over Wifi and
Bluetooth with off the shelf devices
 as I am not into designing and building circuits.
The TechLab <https://beagleboard.org/techlab> is better for learning as it
is designed to support e-ale classes <https://e-ale.org/> already being
taught.

*I want to start a discussion here about why chose Beaglebone over
Raspberry Pi or the inverse choice.*

*Also, since I am famous for confusing things with too many topics I want
to start notations for collaborating on the GamePup controller.*

I have tried to use BBB.io/p for teaching concepts as I learn how to do the
stuff I want.
I have already run into problems starting and making changes on my
Hackster.io projects that appear
 on my BBB.io profile so I have created a Slack and Discord approach to do
the notations.

First thing is to get a fix for the Game Pup frame buffer flipped RED and
Green colors as was done by others on Adafruit Arduino code.
After that will be adding battery, Wifi, Bluetooth, MP3 and Midi
capabilities to the cape.

*I play GAMES as you see in the hidden links in this message and am looking
for others to become contributors in*
*this decade (or more) project.*

My email is Play at Cool Games dot Net as I am doing business
 as Cool Games Network (since 2000) as it has evolved from Event Video
Multimedia (since 1990)

Thanks in advance
Lee T. Davy