It is rem'ed out on the SD card.  I can't get at any drive on the board
itself since it won't boot.
Using FTDI I can get to the board somewhat but don't know how to LS into it
when it says I am not specifying a proper interface.
All the googling about u-boot is either a generic Help dump that I can see
in the terminal or talks about creating your own u-boot.

Thanks for the help.