From: Robert Nelson [mailto:robertcnel...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2019 5:29 PM
To: Beagle Board
Cc: bryan.mil...@owasp.org
Subject: Re: [beagleboard] Shrinking Debian images?

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 5:53 PM <bryan.mil...@owasp.org> wrote:

> I really like the Debian Stretch and Buster images but they take up the
> entire 4GB on BBB.  Is anyone aware of slightly slimmed down derivatives of
> these versions?
>
> I want to install Docker and Free Radius but there is absolutely no room!

You can grab the console image...

https://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack_Debian#Debian_Buster_Console_Snapshot

Or even this custom image i did this week. (with docker installed by default..)

https://rcn-ee.net/rootfs/bb.org/testing/2019-12-11/buster-iot-webthings-gateway/

Going forward that image is going to be converted from docker to just
nodejs, but i needed something quick this week..

Side note, on first bootup, delete this file:

sudo rm /etc/docker.init.webthings-gateway

Then you can remove the big 1.3GB container that was pre-installed..

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/