In the GitHub issue that was filed, I noted the following which seems to
get the camera active again:

Setting '-d /dev/video1' in the common Makefile seemed to do the trick. I
now have video from the camera in the TIDL example.

This is what I changed at line 170 in the Makefile at:
/var/lib/cloud9/common$

else ifeq ($(PROC),tidl)
        ti-mct-heap-check -c
        sudo mjpg_streamer -i "input_opencv.so -d /dev/video1 -r
640x480 --filter ./$(TARGET)$(EXE)" -o "output_http.so -p 8080 -w
/usr/share/mjpg-streamer/www"
else