Thanks for the suggestions. Here's what I get when I run show_pins.pl when
I use the device tree overlay linked above
<https://github.com/PocketNC/BeagleBoard-DeviceTrees/blob/pocketnc-ai-test/src/arm/am5729-beagleboneai-pocketnc-pro.dts#L56>
:
$ sudo /opt/scripts/device/bone/show-pins.pl | grep "P9.13"
P9.13b                   160 AB10 e fast rx  up  gpio6_12
P9.13a                   204  C17 f fast rx      Driver off

That seems right, but unfortunately I can't seem to properly read from it.
When I take out the line that configures P9.13b from my device tree, it
also does what would be expected so it seems like I'm configuring my device
tree correctly.
$ sudo /opt/scripts/device/bone/show-pins.pl  | grep P9.13
P9.13b                   160 AB10 f fast    down Driver off
P9.13a                   204  C17 f fast rx      Driver off

Maybe Jason can chime in here. Why is P9.13b not blue in your spreadsheet?
Does that mean it's not a usable pin?