Which repo has the code that is causing problems?

I took a quick look at
https://git.ti.com/cgit/pru-software-support-package/pru-software-support-package/tree/lib/src/rpmsg_lib/pru_rpmsg.c
and it seems to be structured a fair bit differently. If the same issue had
been there, I'd recommend posting to e2e.ti.com.

Switching over to the kernel, I see the function you mention:
https://github.com/beagleboard/linux/blob/4.14/drivers/rpmsg/rpmsg_pru.c#L106-L129

The driver isn't upstream yet:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/drivers/rpmsg

The post to a public list seems to be here:
* https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10795751/

The development tree seems to be here:
* https://git.ti.com/cgit/rpmsg/rpmsg/

The code seems the same in the latest development branch:
* https://git.ti.com/cgit/rpmsg/rpmsg/tree/drivers/rpmsg/rpmsg_pru.c#n108

Er, I guess that is an example of doing it right and the issue is here?
* https://git.ti.com/cgit/rpmsg/rpmsg/tree/drivers/rpmsg/rpmsg_pru.c#n142

Since it isn't upstream, I'd think an e2e post might be OK, but it might be
more productive to reply to the latest post on linux-omap:
*
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-omap/e97f7bfc-a3c2-92a9-953e-572d9438d...@ti.com/

Copy Jason Reeder, Anthony F. Davis and Suman Anna. Not sure why it has
been so long between revision posts.

Personally, I don't see any harm in modifying the _write code with a fifo
check on O_NONBLOCK.

--
https://beagleboard.org/about - a 501c3 non-profit educating around open
hardware computing