On Fri, 21 Aug 2020 07:41:18 -0700 (PDT), in
gmane.comp.hardware.beagleboard.user Pavel Yermolenko
<py.ohayo-fowrgoyegzlydzi6cay...@public.gmane.org> wrote:

>Here is kernel:
>4.14.108-ti-r119
>
>But it doesn't boot anymore !
>
>After update and installing bb-customization I get this:

        Considering you also have a thread about not getting a custom u-Boot to
work, I no longer have any idea of what combination of stuff you may have
on the board.

        At this point I'd start with a fresh SD card (8GB or more) with a
recent GOOD OS image (yes, there are newer images in the testing directory,
but I'm trying to minimize unknowns)
https://debian.beagleboard.org/images/bone-debian-10.3-iot-armhf-2020-04-06-4gb.img.xz

        Run the script to resize the image for the full SD card

        Boot the SD card, and run "sudo apt update" / "sudo apt upgrade" (Since
April, the repository is up to Debian 10.5, so this may entail quite a few
packages -- hence the recommendation to use an 8GB card).

        When you've verified that this card is functioning properly, you might
convert it to a flasher image (last line in /boot/uEnv.txt); reboot, and
let it flash the eMMC with a good set-up. When done, remove the SD card (if
you leave it in and reboot, it will just repeat the flashing operation).
Reboot, and verify the eMMC is working as desired.

        When booting on eMMC, you can /then/ insert the SD card, mount it into
the file system, and modify the <SD>/boot/uEnv.txt to disable the flasher
mode). That will give you a working SD card for development.

        Don't write anything to the eMMC until you've debugged it from SD card.

--
Dennis L Bieber