On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 12:05 PM Pavel Yermolenko <py.oh...@sunrise.ch> wrote:

> I feel a little lost.
> In one of your previous mails you mentioned this document:
> https://www.digikey.com/eewiki/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBone+Black#BeagleBoneBlack-SetupmicroSDcard
> And there is no mention on extlinux.conf.
> So, I don't understand what is its actual role in sd-card setup !

On, Thu, Aug 20, 7:18 AM (7 days ago) you wrote:

<quote>
For building U-Boot I cloned "master" image from
gitlab.denx.de/u-boot/ and used am335x_evm_defconfig for default
configuration.

Any suggestions ?
<end quote>

So I recommended you use "extlinux.conf" to achieve that situation..
Now you can use mainline u-boot..

> Anyway, I terminated my sd-card setup by this two commands:
> cp -v MLO /media/rootfs/
> cp -v u-boot.img /media/rootfs/

Just use the dd commands for MLO/u-boot.img if you want the BOOTROM to
use it.  The "file" version requires a very specific location and
format.

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/