On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 6:57 PM <dsho...@asu.edu> wrote:

> I have a feeling this is going to be a real newbie question but I was
> thinking that since Beagleboard OS has Linux based implementations (in my
> case I'm speaking specifically about BeagleBoard X15) that there would be
> someplace to download all of the source code thats used to build all of the
> devices (mostly interested in standard devices, not the graphics devices but
> interested in I2C, USB, SPI, etc.). I got an image from
> https://beagleboard.org/latest-images and I'm sure there is source code for
> it but I have a feeling its not public. I do see source code at
> //rcn-ee.com/rootfs/eewiki/minfs which was referred from
> https://www.digikey.com/eewiki/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBoard-X15#BeagleBoard-X15-Debian10
>  but I dont see any device source code, I'm basically looking for source code
> i.e., *.c, *.cpp file so I could build it and be able to connect a JTAG and
> break into the code as its running to learn more about how the device work
> (perhaps using an IDE like Code Composer Studio). So bottom line, is there a
> place (free or not) where you can get all source code for all kernel and
> devices (excluding graphics device code)?

Based on teh version of the OS you are using, the shipping kernel can
be found here:

https://github.com/beagleboard/linux/tree/4.14

or here:

https://github.com/beagleboard/linux/tree/4.19

For the exact version, grab the "uname -r" from your build and
checkout that version from:

https://github.com/RobertCNelson/linux-stable-rcn-ee

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/