On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 07:45:22 -0700 (PDT), in
gmane.comp.hardware.beagleboard.user Ngh?a Ph?m
<nghiaphamsg-re5jqeeqqe8avxtiumw...@public.gmane.org> wrote:

>Hello everyone
>I am having problem installing ssl library on black beaglebone black. Can
>someone help me? There seems to be no other way than to download the source
>code and install it manually.

debian@beaglebone:~$ sudo apt search libssl
[sudo] password for debian:
Sorting... Done
Full Text Search... Done
libssl-dev/stable,stable,now 1.1.1d-0+deb10u3 armhf [installed,automatic]
  Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - development files

libssl-doc/stable,stable 1.1.1d-0+deb10u3 all
  Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - development documentation

libssl-ocaml/stable 0.5.5-1 armhf
  OCaml bindings for OpenSSL (runtime)

libssl-ocaml-dev/stable 0.5.5-1 armhf
  OCaml bindings for OpenSSL

libssl-utils-clojure/stable 0.8.3-2 all
  library for SSL certificate management on the JVM

libssl1.1/stable,stable,now 1.1.1d-0+deb10u3 armhf [installed]
  Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - shared libraries

debian@beaglebone:~$

        Sure seems to be available on my BBB! What OS image are you running?

 Debian GNU/Linux 10

| BeagleBoard.org Debian Buster IoT Image 2020-08-19

        When was the last time you ran

sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade

--