On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 15:49:36 +0530, in gmane.comp.hardware.beagleboard.user
Setty Jayasankar <setty.jayasankar-re5jqeeqqe8avxtiumw...@public.gmane.org>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am facing an issue to access usb from Debian linux platform.
>The exact error is:
>*Failed to attach the USB device TP-LINK USB 10/100/10000 LAN [3000] to the
>virtual machine*

        "virtual machine"? This has nothing to do with a Beagle board itself,
does it?

        What virtual machine controller are you using? Oracle VirtualBox, M$
Hyper-V?

>Actually has plug and play installation support for Windows and Linux OS.
>But still i can't access it. Do I need to install supporting drivers in
>linux os?

        Oracle VirtualBox, "Settings" for the virtual machine has a "Network"
page with four network tabs. Normally the first tab is already configured
with the host network hardware. I suspect (IF you are using VBox) that you
will need to make changes to, say, Network 2 -- setting what type of
connection you have (obtain the documentation for VBox and study it), and
under "Advanced" select the USB NIC.

        This will, I believe, create a second "virtual" network connection
inside the virtual machine -- the host OS is the one that actually talks to
the USB NIC, so (assumption here) that would be Windows. VBox (running on
Windows) translates the virtual machine requests into Windows operations.

--
Dennis L Bieber