I found this Antminer D3 BeagleBone Black and wanted to see if I can do
something useful with it.
It has BeagleBone_Black_V2.1 and PCB RevB5 silkscreened on its PCB with
date code 1742.
It's missing the USB host, micro USB connector, power jack, reset and boot
buttons.
But it has the micro SD slot and it can boot from its internal storage.
The internal storage looks like just a NAND chip instead of eMMC but the
markings are gone and its not really important to me, SD boot is enough.

So I soldered on the boot button, used etcher to flash the newest image
onto SD card and tried to boot from it.
And nothing happened, it starts booting from internal storage.
After a few days of googling I found about the change from older style of
booting from FAT16 partition to the newer RAW boot.
So I flashed the Debian 7.5 image that still used that older stile of
partition layout and it booted right up and as far as I can tell everything
works (can't see the internal storage but that seems to be the problem of
this old kernel).
But, that Debian version is so old and even after changing all of the
repository lists to archive and playing around with certificates it still
throws a bunch of TSL connection errors whenever I try to update anything.

So the question is: Is there any way to make it boot in RAW mode or is
there any way to make Debian 10 (or some other modern version) image in the
older FAT16 boot style? And how would I go about doing either?

Thanks in advance.