On Wed, 11 Nov 2020 19:24:02 -0800 (PST), in
gmane.comp.hardware.beagleboard.user Mohamed Riyaz
<msa.riyaz6-re5jqeeqqe8avxtiumw...@public.gmane.org> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>We want to use the BBB as i2c slave and arduino as i2c master to exchange
>some periodic data to BBB.  We were searching option to access the BBB as
>i2c slave but could not find anything conclusive.
>
>Is that possible to access BBB as i2c slave? Anyone tried it. If yes,
>Please share steps to configure it.

        The TRM (SPRUH73P, page 4588 - 4590) seems to imply the chip is capable
of slave mode, but it may be that the kernel drivers don't support it.
Reference TRM page 4596/section 21.3.15

        The alternative might be to use a PRU and bit-bang the I2C protocol.

--
Dennis L Bieber