I found Mark Yoder's instructions for updating the BeagleBone's kernel to
the preempt_rt kernel at https://elinux.org/EBC_Exercise_36_PREEMPT_RT
 Thanks Mark.

I performed the same steps on my BeagleBoard X15 board except I used the
command:
sudo ./update_kernel.sh --ti-rt-kernel    instead of  sudo
./update_kernel.sh --bone-rt-kernel

Was that correct for the BBX15?  It ran and seems to have updated the
kernel to the rt kernel according to uname -a.  I saw a few warnings as the
install printed messages to the console so I want to make sure I performed
this correctly.

Thanks