Hi everyone,

I accidentally bought an 8-bit parallel bus LCD display, however, I have no
idea how to set it up for the PocketBeagle. I have the Explore BeagleBone
book and it's suggested that an MCP23S17 can be used to drive an 8bit bus
using SPI, however, I cannot find any further information on how to
interface with it to drive the display and use the driver. Could someone
help by either providing some additional reading I can read through, or
provide some solutions (even directly driving the display from the GPIO
without the MCP23S17 chip). The driver which is being used by the display
is the ILI9486.

The
display:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07N4J85D6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1