There is a solution posted in this link:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/65525716/why-do-i-get-a-locale-error-even-though-it-is-set

Basically, try:

*sudo locale-gen en_US en_US.UTF-8*
*sudo dpkg-reconfigure locale*s

Although, you may want to change the 'US" stuff for the locale you are in.

Cheers,

Jon