Dear BB users,

This is just a "success story" and how i am astonished about the good
mainline support of both boards.

The last few days i made some experiments comparing the BBAI and the BBB. I
created a nfsboot environment and used mainline 5.10.15 kernel and u-boot
2021.01.

As userland i used a debootstraped debian on the nfs root. As far as i can
say, they can both use the omap2plus_defconfig and boot from it.

The only real difference in the boot process is u-boot where i used the
am57xx_evm_devconfig for the BBAI and the am335x_evm_defconfig for the BBB.

I even used the same u-boot commands after a wiped SD and a fresh copied
MLO/u-boot.img

~~~~~~
setenv loadbootenv 'dhcp;tftp ${loadaddr} ${bootdir}/${bootenvfile}'
setenv importbootenv 'env import -t ${loadaddr} ${filesize};setenv bootargs
${cmdline}'

setenv loadimage 'tftp ${loadaddr} ${bootdir}/vmlinuz-${uname_r}'
setenv loadfdt 'run findfdt;tftp ${fdtaddr}
${bootdir}/dtbs/${uname_r}/${fdtfile}'
setenv loadinitrd 'tftp ${rdaddr} ${bootdir}/initrd.img-${uname_r}; setenv
rdsize ${filesize}'

setenv bootcmd 'run loadbootenv; run importbootenv; run loadimage; run
loadfdt; run loadinitrd; bootz ${loadaddr} ${rdaddr}:${rdsize}
${fdtaddr};reset'

saveenv
reset
~~~~~~