On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 1:15 PM Fabio Luis Girardi
<papelhigien...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> After spending a lot of days trying to make eCAP modules to read (not
> generate as everyone does) a PWM signal (period+duty cycle), I have to ask:
>
> Someone has made this functionality works? Can be via sysfs, via PRU program
> handling the register, via CPU program handling the registers, or any other
> method?
>
> If yes, can give me an example or the environment details?
>
> PS: eCAP module is the most undocumented function of Beaglebone...
>
> Best regards,
>
> Fabio

We had an awesome university student Darren Schachter participating in
Major League Hacking [1] last summer write a eCAP kernel driver for
the iio subsystem [2].  It has progressed beyond the initial review
but you should find it to be useful.

Robert - are you building that driver in our beaglebone kernel?

Thanks,
Drew

[1] https://mlh.io/
[2] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-iio/20200818153614.6438-1-dt...@cornell.edu/