Hello Thomas
My experience isĀ  not only way
We pick the processor then the tools ( RTOS,JTAG. Compiler/ IDE if the stuff
doesn't work or if vendor's don't support properly we don't use their product(
I determine this usually). Like you I expect answers šŸ¤

So pick chip, OS then architecture then FINALLY from Hardware System's engineer
document IO is assigned and documentedĀ  in table and layed out in boardĀ
Low level Coder starts pin muxing codingĀ  and Interrupt and drivers.
Application is divided in to tasks or threads by software architect at same
timeĀ
I do board support so JTAG for me is something I insist on. ( New hardware).
I like IDE one that allows RTOS awareness Greenhills has one of the Best I have
used CCS maybe a dozen time's projects used their DSP
I am familiar with CCS but have worked where you build by command line and make
files.
These are huge fortune 200 companies so money is no problems for tools.
One big Medical company my title was tool's software. I played around. I'm a
mercenary hired gun. If I don't like their approach andĀ  they lie or waste my
time I tactfully explain bad ideas.
A few times I know there designĀ  approach will fail I mention to them at
beginning thenĀ  I do what I'm told. then it fails they get angry šŸ¤£Ā
What's a$$ backwards to you is ( your last email) is normal.
For what you do linux makes sense buy hardware don't need JTAG or CCS.

Ā here in lies the flaw when you use free software the approach to IPC may be
less than ideal but getting it fixed no one cares with an RTOS it costs $50K
you get support and attention. or Else
In open source you get ignored and runaround in circles and your support is
this group which isn't support.
This approach is for hobbyists with big dreams and no budget.
I will say many jobs are using Linux I see them daily doesn't mean I have to.
There are free alternative but why bother if Linux works for you and this IPC
is flawed you have my attention.
This is another part of my job. Improve RTOS supplied BSP driver's add new ones
and find the crap that's not hard real time flawed.Ā
An example Green Hill's Integrity BSP for omapl138 had examples code of IPC
between ARM and DSP given to customer as I mentioned the PhD design fast queues
didn't use it improved it made it fast like what your doing.
Now TI had driver's and code and .h files and Green Hills had their own .c .h
files doing same thing.
I think TI did custom first stage loader not sure.It did what about and mlo
does on Linux but much better.
There's no one way to design thing's perhaps you can share what's flawed in
Rpmsg in details if that's true so you don't get sued call it RP Don't Worky
nice.šŸ¤£šŸ¤ and bring attention to it's limitations. You sound like smart Guy maybe
it's true.
In closing these dev board's or hobby boards serve a purpose. The EVM ones the
HW design was very good but I have issues with long term support I'm not going
to mention in this group ( poor practice) the early .org boards by Gerald very
nice he's gone.
The open source community won't support or don't care about JTAG at least in
this group but TI does.You really have no choices in this group beyond Linux.Ā
Barebones and RTOS on these boards isn't a concern on this group so I'm wasting
my time but it's sometimes good reading. BTW good luck even if you demonstrate
this IPCĀ  isn't ideal because that's not the Agenda here.Ā
It's marketing getting student to Love Linux and this board.
Unfortunately that's not the Real world not ever be used in Missles,Satellites
or air.
Boeing and Lockheed have the best engineering in United States. Both of these
company uses TI DSP chips they don't use Linux my friend.
Linux is good but not a fix all for everything and getting ignored is something
big company won't tolerate just the hobbyistsĀ  they have no choices the dire
hard open source will save the world fanatic are attracted to all the glamour
like sheep.
Then one day they show up in this group posting it don't Worky help me LoL šŸ˜†
Great group it's focus is easy building of mainstream linux and keep buying
more boards.
What's the next board coming? Was nice when Gerald was onboard nice guy very
talented and always had time for questions you see the bestĀ  engineer don't
feel threatened by questions and are willing to help there's some exception
some of the best are over worked micro managed by manager's who have no
technical skill and want to advance in company. Good engineer's leave those
environments.
Mark

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 12:46 AM, TJF<jeli.freih...@gmail.com> wrote:   Hi
Mark,

let me first point out that this discussion isn't in my mother tongue.
Sometimes I read your statements several times still not understanding what
exactly you mean.