>> (Decimal('12415.79'), 'EUR')
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/usr/bin/bean-extract", line 4, in <module>
>>     from beancount.ingest.extract import main; main()
>>   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/beancount/ingest/extract.py",
line 257, in main
>>     return scripts_utils.trampoline_to_ingest(sys.modules[__name__])
>>   File
"/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/beancount/ingest/scripts_utils.py", line
174, in trampoline_to_ingest
>>     return run_import_script_and_ingest(parser)
>>   File
"/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/beancount/ingest/scripts_utils.py", line
224, in run_import_script_and_ingest
>>     return ingest(importers_list)
>>   File
"/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/beancount/ingest/scripts_utils.py", line
116, in ingest
>>     detect_duplicates_func=detect_duplicates_func)
>>   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/beancount/ingest/extract.py",
line 252, in run
>>     detect_duplicates_func=detect_duplicates_func)
>>   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/beancount/ingest/extract.py",
line 218, in extract
>>     print_extracted_entries(new_entries, output)
>>   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/beancount/ingest/extract.py",
line 140, in print_extracted_entries
>>     entry_string = printer.format_entry(entry)
>>   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/beancount/parser/printer.py",
line 339, in format_entry
>>     return EntryPrinter(dcontext, render_weights)(entry)
>>   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/beancount/parser/printer.py",
line 117, in __call__
>>     method(obj, oss)
>>   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/beancount/parser/printer.py",
line 254, in Balance
>>     amount=entry.amount.to_string(self.dformat),
>> AttributeError: 'tuple' object has no attribute 'to_string'
>>
>> when attached to the list of statements that is returned from the
extract() function.
Ok, problem was that I multiplied the amount with 1 or -1 which, for some
reason, returns a tuple. Now I use the __neg__ function directly.

>> Also, I am obviosuly still having some problems crasping beancounts type
system, esp. with optional parameters, like creating a transaction:

>>   txn = data.Transaction(meta, date, "*", payee, desc, set(), set(), [
>>                         data.Posting("Assets:Checking", units, None,
None, None, None),
>>                         data.Posting("Expenses:Unknown", None, None,
None, None, None)])

>> took me some time to find out, that I need to pass set() to some empty
arguments, None to others.

>> My questions:
>>
>> * How can I programmatically create a balance assertion?
>

> Here's what I'm using
>
> data.Balance(
>
>             data.new_metadata(myFile, myLine),
>             myDate,