Martin Blais recently announced that he'd like to re-organize the
beancount code and split out some functionality into separate
projects, including the beancount to ledger/hledger conversion code
previously provided by bean-report.

I agreed to take on the maintenance of this code and I've now released
beancount2ledger, a beancount to ledger/hledger converter.

You can install beancount2ledger with pip:

    pip3 install beancount2ledger

Please report issues to https://github.com/beancount/beancount2ledger/issues

There are a number of outstanding issues I'll fix soon, but please
report any other issues you encounter.

Note that I'm not very familiar with hledger.  I intend to sync up
with hledger author Simon Michael soon, but if you notice any issues
with the hledger conversion please file an issue.

Version 1.1 contains a number of fixes compared to the latest code in
bean-report.  Please see the changelog below.

Martin

# 1.1

* Preserve metadata information (issue #3)
* Preserve cost information (lot dates and lot labels/notes) (issue #5)
* Avoid adding two prices in hledger (issue #2)
* Avoid trailing whitespace in account open declarations (issue #6)
* Fix indentation issue in postings (issue #8)
* Fix indentation issue in price entries
* Drop time information from price (P) entries
* Add documentation
* Relicense under GPL-2.0-or-later (issue #1)

# 1.0

* Split ledger and hledger conversion from bean-report into a standalone tool
* Add man page for beancount2ledger(1)

--
Martin Michlmayr
https://www.cyrius.com/