I'm looking to close the books for a pay period (zero-out the income /
expense accounts into a revenue summary account so I can distribute equity
among my partners).

I saw some mention that there is the concept of "clearing", which would
automatically generate transactions to close the books for a given pay
period but I'm not seeing it documented anywhere.

Is there a ledger entry I can use to signal the end of a period which would
trigger that kind of action; or maybe a command / plugin folks use to
generates the needed transactions?

Best,
 - Dan