On Sun, Jul 30, 2023 at 8:52 AM Martin Blais <bl...@furius.ca> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 19, 2023 at 6:44 AM Eric Altendorf <ericaltend...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Just found this thread.  I think I'm encountering similar issues;
>> difficulties tracking assets that have been transferred.
>>
>> Have there been any developments on this front since?
>>

> No

FWIW, I *think* things are working for me by using both:

1) The {USD} cost hack to pass cost basis info

2) The ZeroSum account pattern to decouple the outgoing half of the
transfer from the incoming.  I haven't actually plugged in RedS's plugin
but the balances in the intermediating
virtual "buffer" accounts show me how close I am to properly accounting for
both the incoming and outgoing amounts.

>> On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 4:05:36 PM UTC-7 Red S wrote:
>>
>>> Glad it helped. I'll post the python file if I find it. Meanwhile, here
>>> is a dummy skeleton of a vim function written in python to serve as an
>>> example. I find these useful to save for somewhat rare (say once/twice a
>>> year) but repeated transformations. Eg: stock splits. I can never remember
>>> the syntax of vimscript since I rarely use it, and hence, writing these in
>>> python helps.
>>>
>>> # to be run on bean-doctor context output inside vim
>>> function! CapGains()
>>> python3 << EOF
>>> import vim
>>> from decimal import Decimal
>>>
>>> line = vim.current.line
>>> s = line.split()
>>> account = s[0].replace('Assets', 'Income')
>>> vim.current.line = f'{line} ; Hello world: {account}'
>>> EOF