When you do something like
  SELECT account, SUM(position) ...

you get a nice table where the list of positions for each account is
grouped (with expand=true, it renders like a nested set of rows within the
row) and each account name is only printed once.

When you do something like
  SELECT id, date, narration, account, cost(position), units(position)...

You get one row per posting, and one transaction's information (e.g., ie,
date, narration) gets repeated for each row.  Visually this just makes it
hard to see the grouping of postings in a transaction.

Is there a way to visually group postings in the same transaction, the way
aggregated data is grouped when you do the SUM()?  I'm not sure where this
logic would belong; one could have a generic string CONCAT() aggregation
operator I suppose, but that doesn't seem right, or one could hack it as an
option into render_text(), but that also seems awkward.

thanks,
eric