Hi,

My goal is to convert Interactive Brokers statements (their XML flex
statements) to Beancount.

Normally I wouldn't have to think about lots and prices, because each
<Trade ... /> already tells me cash in/out (and realized FIFO pnl).

So I already know exactly the amount that leaves/enters the cash account
and exactly the quantity that enters/leaves the financial instrument
account.

>From what I currently understand, it's only because of Beancount
peculiarity that I need to go through the trouble of matching the
individual lots. Normally, there would not be much point in doing that (at
most, I'd only want "price" commands at the end of the year to get my
**unrealized** PnL).

Is my understanding correct? Or can lots somehow already been auto-matched
according to e.g. FIFO?

Thanks,
Dan