Petr Karvinsky wrote:
> ------=_Part_104_143696874.1702332249395
>
> ------=_Part_105_1164241524.1702332249395
>
> Thanks for the replies. I am doing this for the first setup of my ledger.=
>=20
> Nevertheless, I think I want the extraction reproducible, creating the=20
> ledger zero-to-present day each time the script is run. For that reason, I=
>=20
> need an automated way for creating the open-account directives.
>
> @fin
> that looks like what I need. I see the input to the function is a list of=
>=20
> entries. But I am confused how to combine this with my multiple importers.=
>=20
> In the way I have my script setup I do not have access to the combined=20
> output entries (only standalone entries per-each-importer). Since multiple=
>=20
> importers can access the same account, this would create redundant open=20
> directives. Perhaps you see something wrong with my setup? Here it is:

  the importers generate input but that input is only consumed
later and that is when the open or closes are done.  so i just
put the plugin right at the top of my main ledger file and that
takes care of it - i don't need to do anything else.  if you
are for some reason using different main ledgers then put the
plugin call right at the top of each main ledger.

  from what i read below i think you are making this much more
complicated than it really is.  one statement is all i used
and i've not done anything else like what you are talking about
below this point but i'm not reading it too closely right now
so perhaps you are trying to do things i don't need to do
myself...

  fin