I have defined three currencies which should all be equal to the current
IRS Standard Business mileage rate[1], call them IRSB.T, IRSB.R, IRSB.F
(tax-deductible, reimbursable, and "fixed" for when I borrow a vehicle from
a friend or relative).  I would like to "peg" IRSB.R and IRSB.F to the
official rate so that I only update[2] one.  What is the best practice?

1) Always update everything:
2023-01-01 price IRSB.T 0.655 USD
2023-01-01 price IRSB.R 0.655 USD
2023-01-01 price IRSB.F 0.655 USD
;
2024-01-01 price IRSB.T 0.67 USD
2024-01-01 price IRSB.R 0.67 USD
2024-01-01 price IRSB.F 0.67 USD

2) Update one and set the others equal every time
2023-01-01 price IRSB.T 0.655 USD
2023-01-01 price IRSB.R 1 IRSB.T
2023-01-01 price IRSB.F 1 IRSB.T
;
2024-01-01 price IRSB.T 0.67 USD
2024-01-01 price IRSB.R 1 IRSB.T
2024-01-01 price IRSB.F 1 IRSB.T

3) Set the "peg" initially and then only update one
2023-01-01 price IRSB.T 0.655 USD
2023-01-01 price IRSB.R 1 IRSB.T
2023-01-01 price IRSB.F 1 IRSB.T

2024-01-01 price IRSB.T 0.67 USD

I assume that 3) will not work and that IRS.R and IRS.F would remain stuck
at the old rate?

I apologize that I don't have enough transactions yet to test this
thoroughly.

[1] The Beancount documentation talks about opening currencies when they
were first created.  To spare others the agony, the 1964 1040 instructions
seem to be the first to clearly reference a standard mileage rate: there
was a major tax reform in 1964, but I didn't exactly see a reference to a
standard mileage rate as part of that bill.

[2] It seems that rate changes are usually announced through "IRS NEWSWIRE"
service; email alerts for this service can be obtained through subscribing
here:
https://service.govdelivery.com/service/multi_subscribe.html?code=USIRS