Mason H wrote:
> Hello,

> (To prevent an XYZ problem) I have a small number of rental properties
> which are run on a short term basis. I wanted to have a custom directive
> define a 'stay' so I could keep some relevant metadata for transactions
> (i.e. OTA platform, dates and length of stay, address of the property) ,
> but I don't want to reference this metadata multiple times when there are
> multiple transactions involving a single stay. I was then hoping to link
> '^' all the transactions involving a single stay with a unique code,
> including this custom directive. I could do the same thing with the first
> transaction for a stay, but when 9/10 times I only want to know the
> property which a transaction was for, I don't want ten other metadata
> fields showing up in fava when I don't want them.

> 1970-01-01 * "Vendor" "Narration"
>   Income:Example  10 USD
>   Assets:Example

  why not just use the overall Account Root (or a parent part
of a subaccount) as a holder for some of the metadata?  and
then you could do the occupancy flag as one of the values of
subaccount.  like:

1970-01-01 * "Fredder Building" ""
  address1: "101 Fredder St"
  address2: "City, State, Country"
  superphone: "(123) 567-9801"
  Assets:Building:Fredder  1
  Equity:Buildings -1
  Assets:Apartments:Fredder 12
  Equity:Apartments

1970-03-11 * "Apartment Rental" "Fredder, Apt 3"
  Assets:Fredder:Apt3 1
  Equity:Apartments

etc?

  fin