Hi.

Perhaps this is a wrong-headed idea from the get go. I apologize if so.

As asked in the subject - is there a language neutral IR for the
ledger, that isn't the freeform text format? I ask because I'd rather use a
different programming language for any beancount extensions.
https://github.com/beancount/beancount/blob/master/beancount/cparser/ledger.proto
is kind of that, except it does not preserve the include structure as far
as I can tell.

One reason is I'm not that skilled with python. Another is that last time I
checked beancount pulls in a preposterous amount of python deps, each one a
potential dependency hell. This is of course not beancount's fault, but it
is something I worry about.

Thanks,