BismillahirRahmanir Rahim

"Junayd Baghdadi earned his livelihood as a professional wrestler. As was the
norm, the Leader of Baghdad announced one day, "Today, Junayd Baghdadi will
demonstrate his skills as a wrestler, is there anyone to challenge him." An
elderly man shakily stood up with his neck quivering and said, "I will enter
the contest with him."

Whoever was witness to this scene could not contain themselves; they burst out
howling with laughter, clapping their hands. The King was bound by the law. He
could not stop someone who of his own free will entered the bout. The elderly
man was given the permission to enter the ring. He was about sixty-five years
old. When Junayd Baghdadi entered the ring, he was dumbfounded as was the King
and all the spectators of the Kingdom who were present. The single thought that
occupied their minds was, "How will this old man be able to fight?"

The old man addressed Junayd with these words, "Lend me your ears." He then
whispered, "I know it is not possible for me to win this bout against you, but
I am a Sayyid, a descendant of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). My
children are starving at home. Are you prepared to sacrifice your name, your
honour and position for the love of Allah's Prophet and lose this bout to me?
If you do this I will be able to collect the prize money and thereby have the
means to feed my children and myself for an entire year. I will be able to
settle all my debts and above all, the master of both the worlds will be
pleased with you. Are you, Oh Junayd, not willing to sacrifice your honour for
the sake of the children of Rasulullah (peace be upon him)?"

Junayd Baghdadi thought to himself, "Today, I have an excellent opportunity."
In a display of fervour Junayd Baghdadi executed a couple of manoeuvres,
demonstrating his finesse so that the King does not suspect any conspiracy.
Junayd with a great display of antics did not use his strength and allowed
himself to be dropped. The elderly man mounted his chest thus entitling him to
the prize.

That night, Junayd Baghdadi had a dream of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)
who said, "Oh Junayd, you have sacrificed your honour, your nationally
acclaimed fame, your name and position which was heralded throughout Baghdad in
the expression of your love for my children who were starving. As of today,
your name is recorded in the register of the Auliya (friends of Allah)."

Thereafter, this great wrestler learnt to defeat his nafs (desires) and became
one of the most eminent Auliya of his time!"

[Source: www.islamjan. com]

  (Selected posting from Yeni Osmanli)

  PH PRO
  Publication & EO

Bergabunglah dengan orang-orang yang berwawasan, di bidang Anda di Yahoo!
Answers

Kirim email ke