Eddie O'Neil wrote:

> I suggest that we kick the tires of the branch at SVN change
> 178556 in beehive/branches/v1/m1 (being created now) and let
> a few more doc / sample related checkins trickle in over the
> next couple of days.

That's fine, but you can't vote on something that doesn't exist.  And in
particular, we need to see the packaging, so that we can make sure that the
Incubation requirements are met by it.

So:

> [-1] No, the release is not ready yet.  If you vote this way, please
> provide an explanation why and add what could be done to address your
> concerns.

Trivially corrected by asking us to vote on an actual release candidate, and
not just the idea of one.  :-)  Feel free to do the preparation work.

        --- Noel