Not having used SSI much, I can only hazard a couple of comments.

1.  Did you chat with the admin to find out whether or not "exec" SSIs is allowed?
Sometimes SSI
is available but this function is disabled for security reasons.

> I've tried #exec cgi="/cgi-bin/test.pl?value=name", but it's not working for
> me.

2.  What does "not working" mean?  Does your script get called?  Does it return an
error?  Does it
not read the query string?

if it has
been executed (if I recall correctly).  Is it there?

4.  If your script is being called, could you post some of the code?

5.  Do you know where your Web server's error log is?  If so, being able to find a log
entry
detailing the problem would help.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,