very strange.  my copy of netscape 4.77 (as well as my copy of IE 5)
correctly give the url of the referring page in HTTP_REFERER.

by the way, this variable is not suitable for authentication, as it
can easily be spoofed.  just a warning, ymmv.

* Dianne Van Dulken <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2001-06-06 23:22]:

--
john mckeown
[EMAIL PROTECTED]