tdk wrote:

<snip>
Did you just copy the FTP.pm file into this area, or did you actually do
the install? i.e., something like

perl Makefile.PL prefix=/myinstall/directory
make
make test
make install
<snip>

I just deleted the entire libnet folder & started over.

so, first I did:

 perl Makefile.PL prefix=/libnet

it seemed to work. the installer asked me a number of questions about hosts
etc. for testing, to which I said no to all as I didn't want it to test my
hosts. I will worry about if the names are OK in my script. at the end it
said:

 Writing libnet.cfg
 Writing Makefile for Net

so then I said:

 make

and I got the following error on the command line:

 make: Warning: Can't find `make.rules': No such file or directory
 mkdir ./blib
 mkdir ./blib/lib
 make: Fatal error: wait() failed: Interrupted system call

<sigh>

Al