At 01:07 AM 06/19/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>i have an Ms Access DB and need to use it on a linux web server !!
>
>does anyone know how i can go about converting it to Mysql or suchlike ??
>as it is quite large. !!

I have used a Access module called "exportsql", which you can get  at
http://www.cynergi.net/exportsql/, with great success. It tries as best as
it can to preserve your Access97 table relations, and for the most part
does a decent job. It converts the data and fieldtypes pretty damn
accurately. But you should still check its results by hand before yo go
live with the MySQL database, as theres really no such thing as a
transparent database "conversion".

The export to CSV route works too, but for a database with a lot of tables,
it would seem to be an unwieldly pain in the butt.

Theres also something called DBTools, at http://dbtools.vila.bol.com.br/,
which looks promising, but I've never used it so I cant comment on its
worthiness.

I also noticed something called "MyAccess", which actually looks like the
best of the bunch, if it works as it claims. http://www.accessmysql.com/

Hope this helps!

Aloha,
mel

mel matsuoka                    Hawaiian Image Productions
Chief Executive Alphageek              (vox)1.808.531.5474
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                  (fax)1.808.526.4040