On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Brian Bukeavich wrote:

> I need a little help with the split function. I'm trying to split a line
> based on comma delimeters(,), but when I use the syntax below I don't get
> the results I expect.  What am I doing wrong?  Is there a an special escape
> sequence for a comma?
>
> my @asLine = split (/,/, $_);

what are you getting and what are you expecting to be getting?  And what
does the data look like that you are splitting?

BTW, you don't need to specify $_ in split, it uses $_ if you don't
specify a variable to use..  So you can say

my @asLine = split /,/;

-- Brett
                                   http://www.chapelperilous.net/btfwk/
We are all dying -- and we're gonna be dead for a long time.