It is most likely the missing first line :

make sure you print this as the first line of the output
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
then comes your HTML output

or better yet use the following:

use CGI;
my $q=new CGI;
print $q->header;

read about the CGI module by typing
perldoc CGI on you command line

and check your script by executing it from the command line.

-- Gabor
www.tracert.com